Viruses are man-made malicious programs that alter the way the computer works without the owner’s knowledge and permission. Viruses can delete all the data on your computer. There are many ways that these malicious programs are spread, but mostly they are spread through emails and downloading of information from the internet. Thanks to effective methods for computer virus removal, you can clean up your computer effectively.
Different types of computer viruses
Before you understand virus removal, you will have to know about the types of viruses that may affect your computer:
- Trojans –once they get into your computer, they do not produce, but they leave the computer open to malicious intruders that access your information without your knowledge. These viruses are a threat to your computer. To prevent the Trojans from affecting your computer, it’s advisable to stop downloading programs whose function you do not know.
- Worms – A worm is a virus that copies itself and multiplies by using computer networks. This virus is more complex than the Trojans. They can spread over corporate networks through emails because they attack multi-system computers. The only way you can avoid worms is by updating your security patches. In addition, you can avoid the virus by avoiding opening email attachment from unknown senders.
- Spyware – As it names “spy” it can get into the computer through installing a new program. It spies on your movies online. It captures the action you do, like when you type your password, account number and it sends it to the spyware creator.
Procedures to follow when installing virus protection on your computer
This should be easy because most of the security software are (almost) self-installing;
- You will have to decide between paid-for and free trial antivirus. Download the software. Double click on the program and the installation begins immediately.
- Allow ample time for the installation to complete
- Follow simple steps, turn on the Windows firewall, and give it some time to install
- If asked to scan the computer, just accept and then leave the system to complete the scan.
- When it is done, it will now monitor your computer, click “Change my Scan Schedule “and your computer will be regularly scanned.
Computer virus removal can be done by using the latest antivirus software. This antivirus is manufactured by different manufacturers and hence it best to stick with the firm that provides the best antivirus for your computer.
Get the latest version of virus protection software!