Owning a Mac is a great thing and many people look forward to the day that they will be Mac owners. However, it comes with its own troubles and sooner than later you will be looking for tips for repairs. It could be anything; the problem could be small or big but the good thing is that here, you will get all the tips that you need for repair. If your Mac is experiencing glitches, you will be worried and then you will want to put everything right. Now, there are three ways to go about this:
- take the device to a local repair shop
- attempt the troubleshooting and repair on your own
- Get remote help to repair your Mac
First, you should attempt to put the gadget right on your own. You will be very surprised that most of the hitches are small matters that you can rectify. However, you will need to follow a certain protocol first. Never rush into any PC repair task blindly. You need to know as much as you can about it.
How to approach Mac’s repair
Apple has incorporated a lot of free tools in most of their devices, especially the new ones and therefore that is where you should start
Use Apple’s diagnostic tools
- It starts with the diagnostics. Mac comes with a free utility kit and therefore that is what you should first try out even before you go out looking for diagnostic programs in the market. For example, if yours is a new Mac, there is the Apple Hardware Test kit (AHT). You should first try that one out.
Launching the Disk Utility
- The AHT comes in a boot CD and it has been made in such a way that when you run it, it will overlook the operating system and do a fast-test on all the hardware to try to determine what is wrong. You should know that this is just a basic test and therefore if it shows that everything is ok, that does not mean that you believe that.
- The Apple’s Disk Utilities app is in the folder of Utilities. It is designed to help diagnose the drives and if there is a problem with that, you will know soon enough. This app is used to screen all drives but moistly the hard drive to find out whether there are structure errors.
If the above three fail to show you anything, or maybe you do not know how to use them, then it would be better to contact our experts for help. Remember we are online 24/7 so that we can offer you remote assistance and have you send the faulty drive over if there is need for that. In many cases though you will find that with our experts assisting you remotely, there might even be no need of that. What if your Mac cannot connect to the internet? You can still get remote assistance over the phone, every step of the way.